Hartley’s have teamed up with Charlotte Crosby to prevent the nation from a January diet wobble!
Men wobble from New Year diet on 5th January as opposed to women on the 14th January*
Research shows men are most likely to ‘wobble’ from their New Year diet on the 5th January this year, before the Christmas decorations have even come down! By comparison, women are most likely to ‘wobble’ from a diet on the 14th January, proving women have more willpower.
8/10 well-meaning Brits will wobble from their New Year diet on the 14th January, with 7pm-8pm marking the time most of us will give up on our good intentions and reach for a snack. Research by Hartley’s 10 Cal Jelly Pots also found that while a whopping 26m Brits started a diet as a New Year’s resolution, 87% of them said they have broken their New Year resolution and wobbled from their diet.
In summary, the research found:
- 3.26m Brits are set to ‘wobble’ from their diets on the 14th January
- Chocolate is most likely to make Brits have a diet ‘wobble’, as 53% of Brits miss it the most when dieting
- Despite good intentions, 92% of Brits have said they will break their New Year diet within one month
- The main reasons for giving up on a New Year diet are: Cravings for food (52%), boredom (37.5%) and stress (29.2%)
- 25-34 year olds are most likely to break their diet
- 21% of people living in Southampton and 19% in Birmingham won’t break their diets this year, making them the most dedicated dieters in the UK
- However, the research showed that those from Norwich, Glasgow and Cardiff are most likely to wobble
TV star Charlotte Crosby, who has two best-selling fitness DVDs, has transformed into an angel and a devil to help prevent the nation from a ‘diet wobble’ this January. She is encouraging Brits to swap their usual devilish treat for a far more angelic Hartley’s 10 Cal Jelly Pot. No more sweet cravings for Brits as Charlotte shoos away the devil and swaps high calorie treats for a delicious low calorie jelly pot. These jelly pots are only 10 calories and are a delicious guilt free snack.
*Source: Censuswide of 2,010 respondents, conducted by Hartley’s 10 Cal Jelly Pots.